The Kosciusko Attala Partnership is proud to announce that Attala County has been certified as an ACT Work Ready Community. Thank you Earline Smith and Holmes Community College Attala Center for being a driving force of this program and all area schools for their eagerness to participate. Attala County is 1 of 10 counties out of 30 that are participating and have reached their 100% level. This program is vital in making sure that students are aligned with the skills for today’s workforce and individuals are matched to jobs based on their skill level. It brings business workforce develop and education together. We look forward to growing the program even further going forward.
By participating in ACT’s® Work Ready Communities initiative, counties, regions and states are helping:
- Business and industry know exactly what foundational skills they need for a productive workforce – and to easily communicate their needs
- Individuals understand what skills are required by employers – and how to prepare themselves for success
- Policy makers consistently measure the skills gap in a timely manner at the national, state and local levels
- Educators close the skills gap, via tools integrated into career pathways with stackable industry-recognized credentials
- Economic developers use an on-demand reporting tool to market the quality of their workforce