The Attala County Library is an integral part of the community, providing materials and services to meet the changing personal, educational, professional, and cultural needs of Kosciusko and Attala County.
The Attala County Library is home to the headquarters offices of the Mid-Mississippi Regional Library System (MMRLS) which serves Attala, Holmes, Leake, Montgomery and Winston Counties and a member of the Mississippi Library Partnership. As a registered customer of the Attala County Library, your library card enables you to check out and access books and materials from 52 libraries in the Mississippi Library Partnership. You have access to the 13 MMRLS branch libraries plus Mississippi State University, Mississippi University for Women, East Mississippi Community College, Starkville High School, all branches of the Columbus-Lowndes Library System, Starkville-Oktibbeha County Public Library System, Tombigbee Regional Library System, and First Regional Library System.
The Attala County Library is more than just a building with a lot of books. The library offers an assortment of special collections and services to customers of all ages. These services include:
- Online Catalog –access to the collections of 52 libraries.
- Inter/Intra-Library Loan Service
- Reference services including online access to research databases including Magnolia(newspapers, magazines and e-sources); Learning Express (Test preparation, skill development and tutorials);, and 10 Facts on File reference databases.
- On-line access to free e-book resource links for public domain materials
- On-line access to all MMRLS branch libraries’ public programming and event schedules
- 12 public access computers with Internet access and Microsoft Office software
- 3 wireless teen laptop computers
- 2 children’s Early Literacy Computers
- Free Wi-Fi service
- Call in Dial-a-Story service 24 hours a day
- Free library services available for the blind and physically handicap
- Free public computer workshops/classes
- Free cultural, educational and fun programming and events for children, teen, and adults throughout the year
- Teen Library Council helps the library develop teen activities and library resources.
- Meeting Room for community use.
- Children’s Room
- Teen Area
- Adult Reading Area
- Genealogy Room with extensive collection and experienced genealogist on staff to assist with research
- Magazines and newspapers
- Audio books
- Large print books
- DVD/VHS movies
- Photocopy and fax service
- On-site test proctoring
- Summer online Renaissance accelerated reading testing site for the Kosciusko City Schools
The Attala County Library invites you to stop by the library today and take advantage of the many services offered.
Our trained library staff is dedicated to assisting you obtain the information you need.
21 South Huntington Street
Kosciusko, MS 39090